Job Summary: Under guided supervision assists the Finance & Accounting Department by performing a variety of general accounting tasks in a fast-paced environment. This position provides a unique opportunity to learn a plethora of aspects of the financial and accounting sides of a dynamic nonprofit organization. Duties include a variety of essential functions including but not limited to accounts payable, cash receipts, accounts receivable, general ledger maintenance and reconciliations.
Career Type: Full-time
Education/Experience: Associate's degree (A. A.) in a business related field or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Required skills include extensive knowledge of personal computer applications and a demonstrated ability to understand and work with integrated enterprise software applications. Must possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Experience with Financial Edge, ATMS and/or Concur desired. Must be flexible and able to handle multiple and changing priorities. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist the Revenue Accountant with the daily monitoring, recording and reconciliation of cash and credit card activity.
- Prepare accounts receivable invoices as requested.
- Oversee the Gardens’ vendor listing.
- Electronically submit and distribute invoices received to the appropriate departments.
- Ensure that updates to the general ledger are made consistently in the Gardens’ various software systems.
- Administer petty cash accounting and auditing.
- Reconcile vendor statements, investigate billing or payment errors, follow up with vendors to resolve outstanding issues.
- Investigate outstanding checks older than 6 months and ensure compliance with the treatment of unclaimed property.
- Research and resolve credit card chargebacks.
- Remit and reconcile sales taxes.
- Complete special projects as requested directly by members of the Finance Team.
- Assist the Accounting & Finance team with filing and organization, as needed.
- Represent the accounting department at special events.
- Act as back up for the Accounts Payable and Revenue Accountant roles.
- Work with all departments to assure highest quality experience for all Denver Botanic Gardens visitors.
- Maintain satisfactory working relationships with managers, co-workers and others.
- Maintain a positive helpful and solution oriented demeanor when responding to or serving members and visitors.
Benefits: Major benefits include choice of medical plans, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and daycare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) ; a generous retirement plan plus paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), an ECO pass and a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens membership, access to Gardens education classes and summer concert tickets.
To apply click the link: