Job Summary: Performs a broad range of administrative duties for Director of Operations and the Operations Department. May take limited administrative decisions and action in Director’s absence and serves as liaison between department staff and Director of Operations.
Career Type: Part-time
Education/Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience in a professional office setting, background in a non-profit setting a plus. Must have strong knowledge of various software to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Work Order System, and standard office equipment. Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and minimum two years’ general office work or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Post-secondary work in business-related courses and/or college courses preferred. Must be able to manage multiple and changing priorities and be organized and detail-oriented. Must have track record of sound judgment and decision-making in an administrative setting. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Anticipates Director’s needs by gathering records, reports, correspondence, etc. and maintaining confidentiality where appropriate.
- Informs Director of operational issues; determines necessary action in Director’s absence and handles matters not requiring executive attention. Makes administrative decisions and takes appropriate action in absence of Director.
- Collects and compiles financial and statistical data and enters into computer; processes and tracks purchase orders; resolves accounting issues in a timely manner.
- Generates monthly and ad hoc reports.
- Maintains Director’s appointment calendar, arranging appointments, meetings and conferences and contacting appropriate attendees. Records committee and senior staff meeting minutes.
- Answers Director’s phone, screens calls and makes appointments as needed.
- Addresses inquiries through departmental email box and phone calls professionally and in a timely manner.
- Handles all incoming and outgoing departmental mail. Date stamps all incoming mail and directs to appropriate department/person.
- Maintains and updates all department databases.
- Composes correspondence and memoranda and disseminates appropriately.
- Maintains files and landscape drawings as well as departmental policies and procedures manual and drafts and updates as needed.
- Maintains departmental planning calendar.
- Orders office supplies and education materials.
- Coordinates large or department-wide efforts. Maintains consistency and organization on projects and assignments with many inter-related details.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a current inventory of office and kitchen supplies and orders additional supplies as needed.
- Handles departmental scheduling including reserving rooms, organizing meeting details and scheduling meetings both within and external to the department.
- Works with all departments to assure highest quality experience for all Denver Botanic Gardens visitors.
- Maintains satisfactory working relationships with managers, co-workers and others.
- Maintains a positive, helpful and solution oriented demeanor when responding to or serving members and visitors.
- Participates in special events as needed, including but not limited to Spring Plant Sale, Fete des Fleur, Fall Plant & Bulb Sale, Concerts, and Large Public and Private Events. Duties may include but not limited to assisting in set-up, teardown and cleanup.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
Benefits: Major benefits include choice of medical plans, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and daycare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) ; a generous retirement plan plus paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), an ECO pass and a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens membership, access to Gardens education classes and summer concert tickets.
ToTo apply click on the link below: