Job Summary: Provides excellent customer service for Garden’s visitors attending special events such as Blossoms of Light event through prompt, pleasant and courteous service. Responsibilities include line directing, direction wayfinding, location safekeeping, problem solving, responding to customer inquiries and maintaining excellent service standards at all times. The incumbent will work outside in all weather during evening hours, weekends and holidays.
Career Type: Seasonal, Part-time - Must be available Evenings, Weekends and Holidays. Position starts November 5, 2018 and ends January 1, 2019.
Education/Experience: High School diploma or GED required. Minimum one year customer service experience working in a museum/cultural environment or similar type organization preferred. Must be detail oriented, flexible and comfortable working outside during evening hours in winter months. Must possess excellent customer service skills and written, spoken communication skills and strong analytical skills.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide outstanding customer service to all visitors, staff, and volunteers.
- Proactively assess visitor’s needs to ensure highest quality of customer service is met.
- Handle visitor complaints and provide appropriate solutions. Direct complaints to management as needed.
- Ensure all visitors remain on designated pathways.
- Greet visitors, direct them to designations and along pathways and manage lines
- Maintain ongoing and consistent knowledge of Blossoms of Light event to appropriately and accurately respond to visitor inquiries.
- Follow established communication and radio procedures, guidelines and policies.
Other Job Duties:
- Act as a positive role model.
- Assist with event entry and exit.
- Assist Visitor Services staff, Event Staff and Security staff to ensure a positive and safe event.
- Proactively seeks to be knowledgeable about all DBG horticulture, exhibits, programs and events to reflect the experience and brand at the Gardens.
- Perform other duties or special projects as requested by management.
To apply click the link: