Job Summary: Provides positive visitor experience through prompt, pleasant and courteous service. Processes transactions for items at DBG at Chatfield Farms including, but not limited to, general admission, memberships, classes, events and tours. Ability to accurately enter data, count money and balance a cash drawer in a fast paced environment. Relied upon to provide way-finding for staff, volunteers and visitors. Assist with events as necessary.
Career Type: Seasonal, Part-time
Education/Experience: High School diploma or GED required. Minimum one year’s experience working in admissions in a museum/cultural environment or similar type organization preferred. Must be detail oriented and flexible. Must possess excellent customer service skills and written, spoken communication skills and strong analytical skills. Strong computer skills in Windows-based applications, Raiser’s Edge and ATMS software preferred.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide outstanding customer service to all staff, visitors, and Chatfield Farms DBG customers, including but not limited to phone, in-person, written, verbal, and electronic communication.
- Reconcile cash shifts and opening/closing of admission cash drawers.
- Handle all aspects of onsite membership sales, including, but not limited to: taking payment through ATMS, recording member data in Raiser’s Edge and printing member cards.
- Sell general admission, class, tour, butterfly house and event tickets through ATMS.
- Creating bookings/reservations to allow for the purchaser to receive class, event or tour information via email.
- Redeeming member guest passes including complimentary tickets to York St. and Chatfield events.
- Run daily attendance and member reports.
Other Job Duties:
- Maintain regular admissions hours, as well as operate during special events, including evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Act as a positive role model.
- Work with all departments to assure highest quality experience for all Chatfield Farms DBG visitors.
- Proactively seeks to be knowledgeable about all DBG horticulture, exhibits, programs and events to reflect the experience and brand at the Gardens.
- Troubleshoot member log-in issues.
- Perform other duties or special projects as requested by management.