235 work days
Salary Range: $58,192-$70,513
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Ensures the accurate and efficient functional operation of business information systems and finance/payroll/human resources/employee benefits processes; and business operations data integrity.
- Coordinate with federal and state entities in order to provide required reports and data.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Business Information Systems Team about data requests and identify efficient and effective reporting methods.
- Process data requests for reports (e.g., compliance) from district system users.
- Identify problems in running of systems and corrects errors or collaborates with DoTS (Department of Technology Services).
- Upload system changes (e.g., yearly COLA, health benefits tables, account code updates) and test systems for errors.
- Research, review, implement, test and install rate tables, plan modifications, system edits, and upgrades, as directed.
- Review, analyze, install, and pre-test functional interfaces and upgrades to the health, benefit and Finance/Payroll/HR module of the ERP systems (Infor/Lawson).
- Establish and maintain the ERP system job code matrix.
- Participate in the development of workflow solutions and business process improvements in order to improve the effectiveness of Finance/Payroll/HR tools.
- Develop or assist with development of system applications training materials and trains users to effectively use the systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Three (3) or more years of related experience with system administration activities.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with relevant applications (e.g., proprietary ERP applications, SQL, SharePoint, Systems Knowledge, and Data Analytics).
- Demonstrated experience with ERP systems.
- Skills required to communicate diplomatically, persuasively, effectively (orally, writing).
- Strong problem-solving, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Technology based certification helpful.
- Knowledge of Finance/Payroll/HR processes and best practices using technology.
- Knowledge of Finance/Payroll/HR policies and procedures, Federal and State employment laws and statutes.
- Background in Finance working with GL/AP/AR/Asset Management/Inventory preferred.
- Background in Payroll/Time Keeping Systems preferred
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with District staff at all levels.
- Ability to problem solve and act decisively.
- Detail-oriented ability, analytical aptitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Human Resources, IT or related field.
Our Human Resources Team is an integral part of DPS. Although we aren’t always in the schools, we’re in it for the kids. We work closely with our school leaders to ensure we’re putting great teachers in every classroom, and take great care to ensure DPS hires and retains the highest quality candidates for all roles throughout the district. We do this by incorporating our Shared Core Values—Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability and Fun – into everything we do. Additionally, we support retention of our valued team members in a variety of ways including facilitating professional development and performance management activities and designing and managing Total Rewards Programs to help Team DPS achieve health and wellness for themselves and their families. When you join us, you join a dedicated, diverse team of over one hundred professionals who come from many walks of life. One thing we all share is a deep sense of commitment to support Denver Public Schools’ vision: Every Child Succeeds.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.