Summary: Manages assigned aspects of the day-to-day logistics of the Operations department business activities. Manages functions, including but not limited to, vendors and operation suppliers, work orders, and custodial team ensuring compliance with Garden policies and procedures. This position acts as customer-oriented liaison between the Operations department and other Denver Botanic Gardens departments. Works with all departments in ensuring high standards are met and exceeded for event logistics including event set ups and tear downs, custodial services, and overall appearance of the Gardens. Provides direct supervision of the custodial team. Acts on own initiative and direction, ensures a positive and pleasant visitor experience and the safety, cleanliness and visual appeal of the facilities.
Career Type: Full-time
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED and six months facilities management experience. Must possess strong communication skills, both written and spoken, excellent human relations skills; strong organizational and computer skills and abilities. Must possess valid Colorado Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record. Strong knowledge of Windows compatible computer equipment, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook software. Financial Edge, Site Mapping, and Vantix ATMS + software knowledge is a plus. This position needs to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to coordinate and attend evening and weekend events. Excellent organizational and extreme attention to detail, time management, and customer service. Bachelor Degree or Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
Essential Job Duties:
- Serves as the primary point contact between vendors, contractors, and other associated services engaged in providing a product or service to and with Denver Botanic Gardens.
- Communicates closely with assigned departments, including but not limited to, the Events department and oversees event set-up and tear down including tracking inventory, verifying set-up/tear down information, and ensuring accurate completion of set-ups/tear downs.
- Direct supervision of Facility Techs, including work assignments, scheduling, PTO approval, performance monitoring and coaching.
- Coordinates and manages the facility weekly set-up schedule and equipment inventory.
- Provides direct supervision, instruction and hands-on participation for all large scale Public and Private Events.
- Ensures staff is trained and well-versed in green cleaning practices, safety protocols, snow removal and floor cleaning equipment.
- Orders supplies, works with providers for best pricing, continuously looks for improvements.
- Responsible for prioritizing, scheduling, assigning and tracking work orders and communicating with requestors and operations staff.
- Participates in and assigned tasks including but not limited to operating snow removal equipment and plows, and making parts runs.
Other Job Duties:
- Performs regular property inspections for cleanliness, repair issues and overall property maintenance.
- Serves as the liaison between internal and external customers and management to ensure smooth operations delivery.
- Assists with the identification of problems in the operations processes and provides recommendations to resolve them in a quick and timely manner.
- Builds a strong relationship between other departments through regular meetings and communications.
- Maintains a satisfactory working relationship with managers, co-workers and others.
- Maintains a positive, helpful and solution oriented demeanor when requesting to or serving members and visitors.
- Provides oversight of departmental administrative duties, participates in budget development and running reports, and coordination with finance.
- Oversees the recycling and dumpster pick up schedules for the institution.
- Processes payment requests from vendors and contractors.
- Distributes incoming/outgoing departmental correspondence.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
Benefits: Major benefits include choice of medical plans, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and daycare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) ; a generous retirement plan plus paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), an ECO pass and a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens membership, access to Gardens education classes and summer concert tickets.
To apply clicvk on link below: