We are looking for a Security Officer to join our team! This position is responsible for patrolling, observing and monitoring the entire Museum while reporting any irregularities or damages. The Security Officer is expected to complete reports that include recording observations, information and surveillance activities in and around the facility. The Security Officer ensures that our guests feel safe and comfortable at all times while providing exceptional customer service. In this position, you will work closely with other Security Officers, the Denver Police Department, and other staff and guests of the museum.
The Security Officer position requires excellent customer service skills, as the post will be within one of our exciting traveling exhibits. This position will use observational skills while responding to medical emergencies that may take place in the exhibit galleries. The Security Office will be working with other officers assigned. There is additional training and future opportunities to work within the entire Museum facility, our Command center and main reception area as a relief officer.
- Observes, patrols, monitors and controls access for entire Museum facility complex
- Reports safety and Security Discrepancies
- Immediately responds to and assist in the coordination of emergency incidents
- Remain calm during stressful situations
- Participates in crowd control
- High School or equivalent required
- 2 years’ experience in a security, military, or equivalent related service
- Certified Protection Professional ( CPO ) preferred
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required
Ideal candidate will have:
- Museum security experience,
- Solid interpersonal skills to work with a diverse community.
- Experience in a Cultural Institution
Please submit your cover letter and resume by May 25, 2018. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications may only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.