Job Summary: The Director of Innovation & Technology provides the vision and leadership for designing, developing and implementing Denver Botanic Gardens’ IT initiatives that create value, efficiency, security and programmatic opportunities. Responsibilities include influencing and directing DBG’s IT infrastructure and applications evolution to ensure that key business strategies and processes are driven by systems that enable change, growth and flexibility. The Director must ensure DBG’s IT infrastructure is reliable, secure, cost efficient, and strategically sound, reflecting organization needs and best practice in creating value for visitors.
Career Type: Full-time
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree, ideally in computer science, technology, engineering, or information systems. Ten (10) years of experience working in an IT department that supports many functional departments; at least five (5) years should include senior IT managerial and leadership accountability for an organization or a large department; or an equivalent combination of education, consulting, training, and experience; nonprofit experience a plus. Must be able to work occasional nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call for emergencies. Must possess valid Colorado Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with organization leaders and stakeholders in setting a compelling technology roadmap in support of the mission, programs and services.
- Provide direct oversight and management for all IT and Audio-Visual team members. Foster and build an innovative team focused on supporting internal users and external customer experience.
- Enhance and maintain data security, risk management, disaster recovery, and the business continuity planning process in accordance with established IT control frameworks.
- Provide leadership for audio-visual and digital strategy.
- Responsible for administering IT vendor management policy, third party department contracts and following risk assessment policies for assigned area of responsibility.
- Manage annual department budget including forecasting equipment, software, data communication and security requirements.
- Maintain and improve existing standards and procedures for equipment deployment, operations, data security, remote support, troubleshooting and emergency preparedness.
- Partner with all key business functions to determine business requirements to inform IT service needs.
- Analyze complex business needs and recommend technical solutions.
- Explore and implement creative uses of technology to enhance the visitor experience.
- Define and execute strategy for employee computing needs, including hardware selection, security configuration, VPN, and employee training.
Other Job Duties:
- Attends committee and management meetings and prepares minutes for meetings and reports as required, presents data as requested.
- Provides opportunities for professional development to Information Technology staff.
- Maintains a positive, helpful and solution-oriented demeanor when responding to or serving members and staff.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
Benefits: Benefits include choice of medical plans, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and daycare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) ; a generous retirement plan plus paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), an ECO pass and a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens membership, access to Gardens education classes and summer concert tickets.
To apply click the link:
Must submit cover letter and resume.