The National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE) is seeking a communications associate to provide administrative support across various programs advancing the overall corporate communications strategy. The communications assistant will help ensure clear communication of the foundation’s message across all internal and external channels. For more information about the National Endowment for Financial Education, visit www.nefe.org.
- Assist in the implementation of communications projects and strategies
- Draft and edit communications copy ranging from corporate publications, research briefs, press releases, newsletters, websites, social media and more
- Perform analytics and measurement of communications activities
- Provide support to programs and internal teams
- Assist in maintaining web content and executing social media strategies
- Monitor and track placements via media monitoring service
- Research and develop lists of media contacts/databases
- Assist with the maintenance of media archives (clips, videos, etc.)
- Additional responsibilities may include assisting research and education programs with writing, marketing tactics and other support activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy when completing work assignments
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, spelling and grammar skills
- Knowledge of AP style
- Proficient in computer programs and social media platforms
- Basic understanding of media relations
- Comfortable working with external vendors
- Professional presence and demeanor
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness and ability for occasional travel
- Interest in financial literacy, personal finance, nonprofit and education preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Entry-level 0-3 years of experience as a communications assistant, communications specialist or similar role
- Capable knowledge and use of AP style
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign) and content management systems is preferred
- Experience using various social media channels
- Work is in NEFE Denver-based offices, with periodic travel to conferences, events, meetings, required (around 10% of time)
- Office environment requires approximately 75% computer work, 20% meetings/conference calls/non-computer work, 5% miscellaneous. May occasionally need to lift up to 35lbs.
To apply: Send resume, at least three writing samples—preferably from various channels of delivery— and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Communications Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
NEFE is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.